- This is the most commonly used massage technique and can be experienced with a lighter or stronger touch depending on individual preference.
- It increases circulation, assists in reducing stress, relieves pain, muscle tension and helps in the elimination of toxins.
- It may be enhanced with trigger point (painful, irritated areas in the muscle) therapy, deep tissue massage (getting to the deeper layer of muscle), and the use of essential oils.
Trigger Point Therapy
- Relieving the painful and tender areas (most commonly in the shoulders and/or back) by releasing the hyperirritable trigger points in the muscle and fascia.
- Direct pressure on the trigger point or cross-fiber friction can release the trigger point thereby relieving some or all of the associated pain.
Deep Tissue Work (limited)
- When there is chronic muscle tension or injury, there are usually adhesions (bands of painful, rigid tissue) in muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Adhesions can block circulation and cause pain, limited movement, and inflammation.
- Deep tissue massage works by physically breaking down these adhesions to relieve pain and restore normal movement. Direct deep pressure or cross-fiber friction applied across the grain of the muscles are methods used in deep tissue therapy.
- Clients remain fully clothed and seated on a specially designed chair to provide support and relaxation during the massage. The promotion of chair massages for employees onsite and for events is due to its convenience, effectiveness and low cost.
- Office on-site visit requires a 4 person minimum.
- Event on-site visit requires a 10 person minimum.
- Call 806/517-5257 to schedule chair massages for your company or event and for further information.
- Reflexology is based on the principles that reflex points in the hands and feet are related to other areas and organs in the body.
- Applying pressure to these points can assist in relieving tension, improve the blood supply to certain regions of the body and help normalize body functions.
An essential oil application technique developed by Dr. David Hill, an expert in the science and use of essential oils. This technique utilizes eight essential oils and oil blends which have demonstrated profound effects on four conditions that challenge the ability of the body's systems to function at its optimal ability; stress, increased toxin levels, inflammation, and autonomic nervous system imbalance. The method in which the oils are applied allows these oils to reach areas within the body allowing them to help combat stress, supports the immune function, decreased inflammation, and balance the autonomic nervous system within the recipient. Information taken from Modern Essentials; A Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils Second Edition.
- Eight essential oils are used during this technique through topical application on the back and soles of the feet.
- One essential oil at a time is applied on the skin and spread with specific light massage strokes before the next oil is applied.
- The benefits derived from the AromaTouch Technique include;
- stress management
- immune system support
- decreased inflammation
- returning the body to the state of homeostasis or balance.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone (rock) massage is a dual purpose massage. Due to the heat of the stones, it is an extremely relaxing/stress reducing massage. Also the hardness of the stones allows the therapist to address specific problem areas with more detailed work or deeper pressure. Benefits of a hot stone massage include;
- Increases blood circulation
- Aids in mental relaxation, sedating
- Aids in elimination
- Strengthens Yin
Prenatal Massage (Pregnancy, Labor and Postpartum Bodywork)
Pregnancy massage is most beneficial for the mother-to-be. Massage can relieve stress, tension and anxiety. Massage can also decrease chronic muscle tension, especially in the low back. Benefits of a prenatal massage may include but are not limited to;
- Increases blood circulation
- Mental and physical relaxation
- Eliminates waste products
- Elevates mood
- Normalizes blood pressure
- Decreases chronic muscle tension
- Reduces swelling
- Restores postural balance due to center of gravity change
- Prepares the woman for the physical, emotional and mental aspects of labor
Communication is essential between the massage therapist and the client for optimal benefit.
Call 806-517-5257 today and schedule your appointment
Gift certificates are available for all occasions.